Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Podcasts: Thing #21


I explored podfeed.net and listened to a few podcasts about libraries, music, books, and science. I did not find much that captured my attention. Maybe I just need to explore some more.

I like the idea of the podcast reviews, with the star rating system, except that I found myself uninterested in some podcasts that others thought were really great. The lists of top-rated and most-played were helpful, too.

I found the tags useful, but with no advanced search features, I had trouble combining terms. For instance, are there any podcasts about science books? The basic search seems to default to OR, e.g., science OR books.

I added a feed to my Bloglines account for a podcast from Los Angeles Public Library, ALOUD at Central Library.

Photo by JadePhotography.





No comments: