Friday, September 12, 2008

Sharing books: Thing #11


I used Library Thing to list a few of my very favorite books. My catalog is here: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/largesse.

I was intrigued by the recommendations that appeared as a result of my selections, and I've added a couple of these to my reserve list.

I also like the concept of sharing thoughts about books in an online community. However, I might have trouble finding many who share my taste in books, considering that NO one on Library Thing besides me has added Always Home and Other Stories, by David Ely, and few members have Harvest of Stories: From a Half Century of Writing by Dorothy Canfield (whose picture appears with this post). I can see how our library users would benefit by participating in Library Thing's community.

No comments: