Monday, September 15, 2008

I've got followers! Thing #12

Twitter has turned out to be more fun than I thought it would be. It's fascinating to log in and see what the people I'm following are up to. It's a little strange being followed, too, but I'm getting used to it! My Twitter name is largesse.

I also noticed that Twitter can be a useful way to keep up with library events, as some tweets today filled me in on which locations were open and at what time. Very important to know, in the aftermath of the storm.

I liked the advanced search features, too, and got interesting results by searching for columbus library or columbus weather. I even tried searching just for everything "near" columbus.
I think the Twitter news services might be real handy. It's kind of like getting scrolling headlines. I liked http://twitter.com/googlenewsus, for example.
Photo is titled My Twitter Class of '08, and it's by mallix.




No comments: